There’s a girl I know. She bakes a lot of wonderful things. She says these are her favorite cookie. If, of all the delicious things she creates, these are her top pick, they must be awesome. I had to try them for myself. But just one. I’m selling the rest tomorrow at our garage sale. If they last that long. Because they are absolutely delicious. Peanut butter and oatmeal are a fantastic combo. Why didn’t I ever think to do a cookie combining them before? Thanks Shan!
If you are in the Seattle (Everett) area and want to purchase some of these babies, they’ll be for sale (along with my snickerdoodles) at the Silver Firs Garage Sale tomorrow. Two cookies for a dollar! Comment on this recipe and I’ll send you the exact address. Hurry before they are gone!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (adapted from Rumbly In My Tumbly)
1 cup butter, at room temp
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup quick cooking oats
- Cream together butter & sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, vanilla and peanut butter. Beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter/sugar mixture and mix until there are no streaks of flour.
- Add oats, and mix again.
- Shape into balls (dough will be sticky) and place on ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sugar and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350° for 11 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes on cookie sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.