Sorry it’s been a while folks. I have a backlog of recipes to get thru and just haven’t found the time to get them up here. Welcome to all the new folks who’ve found me on Pinterest! A quick little recipe for today that I made recently for a tea party. It combines two of my favorite things. Pancakes and cupcakes. Full of blueberry goodness and topped with a to DIE for maple buttercream. A little sprinkle of cinnamon sugar and these beauties are sure to impress whoever you give them to! Absolutely delicious!
(happy sigh) Aren’t they just gorgeous?!
Blueberry Pancake Cupcakes
1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ cup sugar
2 egg whites
3 1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
½ cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese
2 teaspoons real maple syrup
4 cups powdered sugar
Milk, as needed
Cinnamon sugar and fresh blueberries to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 360 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. On low speed, add eggs and egg whites one at a time until each in fully incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
5. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture in thirds, alternating with the wet (milk, vanilla extract and sour cream). Let each ingredient fully mix in before adding another, still be careful not to over mix.
6. Fold in blueberries.
7. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for about 18 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
8. Maple Buttercream: Beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add maple flavoring and powdered sugar and let beat again. If needed, add 1 tablespoon of milk to loosen.
9. Pipe buttercream onto cooled cupcakes and top with cinnamon sugar and berries.