I was inspired to make this lemon curd by three things.
1. My cousin Shannon posted this recipe on her blog. We both love allrecipes.com — they have awesome stuff there.
2. I have several lemons rapidly getting closer to serving no purpose but attracting fruit flies.
3. Lemon curd is awesome and delicious.
I’ll probably be making up a batch of my Super Fantastic Scones to go with this – and bring them to apple pie baking day with my MOPS group tomorrow morning. This lemon curd would be terrific sandwiched in sugar cookies, as a filling for cake, or double the recipe and use in a lemon meringue pie.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Zest lemons, then juice them.
- In the top of a double boiler, beat eggs and sugar.
- Stir in lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Cook over simmering water for 15 minutes or until thickened.
7 thoughts on “Lemon Curd”
It seems quite sweet.
It’s actually pretty tart. With all that fresh lemon juice in it, even with this amount of sugar it’s still got a pucker. But, you could always cut back on the sugar to your desired taste.
It was awesome! Thanks Tonya