I know what you’re thinking. I don’t need a recipe for rice crispy treats. I’ve made them since I was 12 years old. The recipe is on the back of the cereal box for Pete’s sake! Just hear me out. Have you ever had a rice crispy treat that was too dry? Too skinny? Skimpy on the mallow? Yeah – I think we all have. Cause if you use the recipe on the box, that’s just what you get. So, here it is…my perfected gooey delicious rice crispy treat recipe. It yields big thick buttery marshmallow treats that are as delicious for grown-ups as they are for the munchkins. (click on the pic and look at it reeeeeaaaaaaally big if you don’t believe me) You need a BIG BIG bowl for this recipe though. I’m talking like the one you use for chex mix, or to put tortilla chips in at parties for chip n’ dip. Big.
Rice Crispy Treats
11 1/2 C rice crispies
16 oz marshmallows (mini or big…just a 16 oz bag…not the little 10 oz one)
8 T butter (1 stick)
1. Place stick of butter in a big bowl. Take butter wrapper and use it to lightly grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish. Keep butter wrapper handy.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave in a big bowl. Watch it closely. Take it out when there’s just a little left unmelted, then stir hot butter until all of it melts.
3. Put marshmallows into the same bowl and stir to coat. Melt marshmallows in the microwave, stirring frequently. When mallows are just melted, remove from microwave and add rice crispies to the bowl.
4. Using a rubber spatula, stir until well coated.
5. Using the butter wrapper, press cereal mixture into the prepared 9×13 dish. Allow to cool then cut into squares.
2 thoughts on “Rice Crispy Treats”