Advertisements

Greatest Chicken Salad Ever

Everyone should have a favorite go-to chicken salad recipe. If you don’t, use this one. It’s the greatest in the world. I thought I’d posted this ages ago, but when my sister went looking for it there was nary a chicken salad recipe to be found.  So here it is.  Depending on how I’m feeling, I sometimes add a dollop of Dijon to this recipe as well. When making it for a large crowd, I do the whole thing and add the almonds last. Then I separate half of the recipe out and don’t put nuts in it. You know, to be kind to the anti-nut or allergy oppressed people.  This stuff is great served on sandwiches, crackers, open-faced as a crostini or just piled on a big bed of spinach or lettuce. You can use it for appetizers at a party, a nice tea sandwich or for a light summer dinner! Enjoy!

Greatest Chicken Salad Ever

Greatest Chicken Salad Ever

2 (10 ounce) cans chicken chunks, drained (if you have extra cooked chicken that need to be used, by all means go for the fresh stuff!)
1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
3/4 cup mayonnaise

Directions

1. Mix together chicken, grapes, nuts, celery, cranberries, and mayo. Chill.
Advertisements

Comments

1. Tabitha says:

If you cook up some chicken breasts with tarragon, they can add a nice different little flavor to the mix, too. My version is very similar, though I use walnuts instead of almonds and tend to forget about the celery. Never tried grapes, that sounds good!

I’ll have to give this a whirl sometime soon.

2. Hi there Bakerlady. I notice you haven’t posted in a while… I hope everything is ok with you and yours. Or did I miss a post about you moving your blog? If so, can you fill me in? Thank you.

3. Love this recipe! I usually treat myself to a similar version at Wholefoods, but this is way more cost efficient. Thank you so much!

• bakerlady says:

You are very welcome! It is my go to recipe for tea parties, baby showers and ladies lunches! I love it!

4. Kristin says:

Thank you so much for the recipe!

Although I am not a fan of chicken salad, I had people asking me how to make it throughout the party! This will be my go-to recipe now for events. Thanks again 🙂

• bakerlady says:

Glad you have a great staple chicken salad recipe now. I love when people ask for recipes. 🙂

5. mary davidson says:

I toast the almonds and also add a chopped granny smith apple.

6. I do a chicken salad similiar to this using fat free plain greek yogurt instead of mayo….extra protein and low in fat 🙂

7. Karen Price says:

Mine is similar except I use 1 tbs sugar and 3 tbs milk; beat mayo, sugar and milk together…yummmm!

8. An addition of rice is super good. Plus, makes it go a loong way!

9. I am glad you are back on line again. I hope you are well.

• bakerlady says:

I’m glad too Linda. I went to take pics of a recipe this week and cannot find my camera battery charger. Yeah…little hint that it’s been way too long since I blogged anything new! New one ordered and should be arriving tomorrow then I’ll be back in business! 🙂

Trackbacks

1. […] Greatest Chicken Salad Ever — This wasn’t a new recipe since last January, I’ve been making it a long time. […]