For her birthday this year, my sweet daughter wanted a Rapunzel cake. She’s obsessed with the movie Tangled and her 5th birthday party was a reflection of that. I used this buttercream for her cake as well as my sons Cars birthday cake. It is very easy to work with, holds up when piping it on the cake and tastes delicious.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening & butter until fluffy. Add sugar, and continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, vanilla, and 6 ounces whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened. Add additional 2 ounces whipping cream if necessary. Beat the frosting with an electric mixer on high speed, a minimum of 10 minutes, or until nice and fluffy.
- Add food coloring, if desired.