Lord save me from this dessert. Layers of Oreos, sweet peanut butter fluff and decadent chocolate mousse with a secret layer of peanut butter cups hidden inside. Mind blown. Taste bud explosion. I could die happy right now. I’ve been cured of my “meh” attitude regarding peanut butter and chocolate. You are going to kill me when you find out that this elegant looking dessert actually takes just minutes to put together and requires zero baking.
I had some special friends coming over tonight so I made this dessert all layered up in some wine glasses. Gorgeous! However, the much easier (just as delicious) way to make this is in a 9×9 square dish. This is an incredibly rich treat. Even with my mondo sweet tooth I could only make it about halfway thru my goblet of deliciousness. Since I only made 6 parfaits and the recipe states it serves 12-16, I think that means I still had more than my share. Oh well. It was way worth it. You can make this with whatever reduced fat/fat-free versions of the ingredients you want. Nobody will ever know. It’ll knock your socks off!
The bottom layer is some crushed up Oreos with a little butter to bind them into a crust. Then you add a mixture of peanut butter, cream cheese and a little powdered sugar. A combo I shall call peanut butter heaven fluff from now on.
Next is the most amazing ingredient ever. Reese’s. I’m not into the unwrapping of tons of peanut butter cups. So I used the minis. They’re so tiny and delightful.
Chop roughly and drop a few in.
Then mix the chocolate mousse ingredients and dollup it over your peanut butter cup layer.
Then a wee sprinkling of more Oreos on top. How fabulous is that?
Mmmmmm. Gorgeous, layers. Little peanut butter cups peaking out. I’m in love.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Parfait
adapted from Taste of Home
- 20 chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 15 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- Crush 16 cookies; toss with the butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups.
- In another large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and remaining confectioners’ sugar on low speed for 2 minutes Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Spread over peanut butter cups. Crush remaining cookies; sprinkle over the top. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Parfait”