Throw dinner together tonight with this quick and easy tortellini dish. Once a week I make something without meat in it. This dish has lots of fresh and filling vegetables wrapped in a creamy sauce with rich cheesy tortellini. It would be easy to throw some chicken into if you really can’t give up your carnivorous dinner – but I find it refreshing once in a while to leave the meat out.
Did I mention how easy this is? 20 minutes and dinner is on the table! Enjoy!
Spinach & Cheese Tortellini
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
- 1 (19 ounce) package cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained (or 1 large fresh tomato)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, leaving them just slightly underdone. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions & mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the tomato & garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in cream cheese, milk, parmesan, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Add spinach last, tossing until wilted and combined. Cook 2-3 minutes or until bubbly.