Throw dinner together tonight with this quick and easy tortellini dish. Once a week I make something without meat in it. This dish has lots of fresh and filling vegetables wrapped in a creamy sauce with rich cheesy tortellini. It would be easy to throw some chicken into if you really can’t give up your carnivorous dinner – but I find it refreshing once in a while to leave the meat out.
Did I mention how easy this is? 20 minutes and dinner is on the table! Enjoy!
Spinach & Cheese Tortellini
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
- 1 (19 ounce) package cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained (or 1 large fresh tomato)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, leaving them just slightly underdone. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions & mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the tomato & garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in cream cheese, milk, parmesan, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Add spinach last, tossing until wilted and combined. Cook 2-3 minutes or until bubbly.
4 thoughts on “Spinach & Cheese Tortellini”
This looks great! I’m not much of a cook but this seems easy and yummy. I’m a life-long vegetarian (I can hear you gasping right now!) and would really appreciate it if you would post more of your weekly meat-free dishes.
LOL! I did gasp. Lifelong anything is a big deal though. I’ll try and get better about posting more of the meatless stuff. Do you eat fish? Or no meat at all?
No meat at all!
Wow. That’s amazing.