Meatless Monday strikes again! This is one of my very favorite pasta dishes. Full of veggie flavor and rich creamy pasta. It comes together quickly and is good for parties, potlucks or just an evening at home with the family.
Not the most photogenic dinner in the world but oh so tasty. Enjoy!
Spinach Artichoke Pasta Bake
adapted from Budget Savy Diva
14 oz of Orecchiette Pasta ( or short pasta)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Cup of Chopped Onion
3 Cloves of Garlic ( Minced)
1 Cup of Sour Cream
4 oz of Cream Cheese ( Room Temperature)
3/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
10 Oz of Spinach ( Make sure to squeeze excess moisture, after it has been thawed of course)
13.5 Can of Artichoke Hearts rinsed and chopped
1 Cup of Mozzarella
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat Oven To 425°
- Cook pasta according to the box. Keep 1/4 Cup of the Pasta Water before you drain the cooked pasta.
- Heat oil in pan and cook onions for 8 – 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- In a large bowl – Mix Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, Parmesan, onions, and garlic. Add Pasta and mix.
- Stir in spinach, artichokes, 1/4 cup of cooking liquid from the pasta, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and 1/2 Cup of Mozzarella
- Place mixture into greased 2.5 – 3 qt casserole dish and place the rest of mozzarella cheese on top
- Place in the oven till golden brown on top – about 10 – 15 minutes.