1-1/4 cups warm milk (between 110 and 120°)
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or as needed
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Pour milk into a large mixing bowl, and sprinkle yeast over the surface. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Beat in the sugar, eggs, 1/2 cup butter, and salt; blend thoroughly. Gradually stir in the flour to make a soft dough. Cover bowl, and set in a warm place until dough doubles in size, about 1 hour. (or put ingredients into a bread machine and hit “dough”)
- Punch down the dough, cover the bowl, and allow to rise again. Repeat this step two more times.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Break off 2 to 3 inch size pieces of dough, roll lightly into round shape, and place in prepared baking dish, edges touching. Repeat to make 18 dough balls. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until tops turn golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. When rolls are finished baking, drizzle melted butter over the top, and serve warm.